Sunday, April 17, 2011

33 Weeks!

After 10 long weeks of being here & meeting short term goals one by one, we've finally made it to my long term goal of 33 weeks! I'm a little unsure why I chose 33 weeks as the goal initially, but after reading over my journal entries the first week here, I realized it yesterday. What a blessing!

I read that it was going to get harder & harder to gain weight toward the end of a multiple pregnancy, however I guess this rule doesn't apply when you get absolutely no exercise & live for the next meal. I've gained 5 lbs a week for the past 3 weeks in a row! I'm happy about it though, because I know this means the girls are growing as well. I'm sure I'll have no trouble losing the weight after chasing 3 kiddos around very soon! I'll have another sonogram Tuesday to assess growth/weights! Everything has been good the past week, so as of now it's a waiting game. Dr Bradford will take me off Procardia next week & we will see if I start contracting. She won't induce unless the sonogram shows too little amniotic fluid, which would mean that the placenta can't provide enough blood/nutrients for the babies. This sometimes happens toward the end of a multiple pregnancy with one placenta. We shall see!

We are officially moved back into our old house as of this afternoon! Our precious friends gathered their life group to clean our house, paint the nursery & move us in this week. It was such a huge blessing to us during this difficult time, especially now that Cody can't lift anything! We will soon be home with our babies though & I'm so ready!

Here are some pictures of Luke's first Easter egg hunt here at the hospital this weekend. Gigi had the great idea & it was a great memory, even if Luke was a little confused in the process. He was too funny, walking right over the eggs paying more attention to the cars driving past & waving to the people passing by! He knows how to make us smile.

No comments: