Wednesday, April 13, 2011

32 Weeks & counting

I never thought I'd be posting belly pictures, but I have to say I've never been so proud to show it off! We've almost hit our initial LONG term goal of 33 weeks! And boy are these babies growing!
Well, as most of you know by now, Cody attempted to steal the show this week! It was quite the night to say the least..
Sunday evening I began feeling tinges of pain in my lower back, so the nurse put me on the monitor to check for contractions. Within the hour, I was feeling pressure & contractions in my lower abdomen & back, however they were about 4 minutes apart & somewhat inconsistent. I told Cody to keep his phone on when he went to bed, but didn't really feel like it was the real deal. An hour or so later, the contractions were 2 minutes apart & the nurse recommended that I call Cody & have him come. When I called him, he was on the phone with his boss already, however for different reasons. He was calling in because he thought he had a hernia & was in a lot of pain. He immediately headed to the hospital.

 
When he arrived to the hospital room, he was doubled over in pain, stating he was not going to be able to even walk to the OR if I had the babies. He needed to be seen by a doctor. I can't say I was the most empathetic at that moment, secretly wishing he would "suck it up" & stay for the birth no matter what.. We were also both very concerned because his insurance is a few days from being started with his new company. My tech came in & took him in a wheelchair to the ER, where they immediately triaged him & got him in for a CT scan. He called to let me know they were calling a surgeon to take out his appendix immediately. Guess I should've been a little more empathetic..

 
The doctor gave me some pain medication to hopefully relax me & slow the contractions to hopefully hold of labor until Cody was able to be there. It didn't work right away, but a few hours later they calmed down & became more irregular. The chief of surgery came in at 6 am to let me know that Cody's surgery went well & he would be recovering for the next few hours, but would go home that morning. Sure enough, he was wheeled back into my room about 8 am & slept on the couch in my room until his mom came to get him.


I have to say the next day was quite stressful & I was doubting for the first time in many weeks. Primarily about money & the frustration of being just days away from the insurance kicking in... (I can't lie, I'm also SO tired of being here flat on my back.) However, after talking with many here at the hospital & praying for peace about it, I truly do have a peace. Cody told me the following day that he was the happiest he's ever been in his life. This was puzzling to me, but I am so grateful to have a husband who is strong when I am weak. He repeated all of the positives that have put us where we are today. God has given us two babies that were not supposed to be here 9 weeks ago. HE has provided financially for us in these months when we didn't know how we'd survive. HE's given Cody a job where he feels secure & content. HE's taken care of our child when we didn't know who was going to care for him while I was here. Surely our God can provide for this. This is small stuff in the big picture. Pretty soon we will return home with three healthy children to a nice home with all of our needs provided for. I hate that my nature is to worry. Especially when God's provisions are SO evident.

No comments: