Friday, April 15, 2011

Harris Hospital Beauty Shop

My wonderful friends April, Lindsi & baby Jack Chandler came to spend the day with me here in the hospital. Not only did they come to have girl talk & lots of laughs, but they happily agreed to highlight my desperate hair! It has been over 4 months since I've had my hair done, plus taking prenatal vitamins had increased the speed of the growth. Boy did it need some attention!

We somehow lost the needle that pulls the hair through the cap halfway through the process, so they both finished the job with earring backs & bobby pins! Whey were troupers, very determined to get it done, trading off holding & rocking Jack Chandler throughout the afternoon. Here is April pulling hair through the cap. Notice the GIGANTIC belly (like you can miss it!)


Then, Lindsi blow dried my hair while laying in bed. Didn't know this was a possible feat, but she got it done!


 Here is an "after" picture. Too bad I didn't get a "before" picture, although it was not necessarily something I would be proud to post! After worrying my hair was going to turn out pink, yellow & green, it surprised us when it came out looking quite good! My nurse came in tonight & said I looked like a "California blond" now, but I'll take that as a compliment over the 4 inches of dark brown roots I had hours before! Thanks sweet friends for a fun day full of laughter. I sure did need it! Love you both so much!




1 comment:

The Joneses said...

If this were facebook I'd "like" this post! So sad I missed it!